Founded in 2002, CellPhoneCity was created with two goals in mind; firstly to enable our Customers to acquire cell phones and smart phones at a fraction of the retail cost without having to sign a new 2-year service contract. We recognize that mobile technology is easily susceptible to damage, and most people don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars to a cell phone provider to replace their phone.
Our second goal is helping to maintain the planet and deal head on with some of the world's e-waste issues. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that in 2005 only 330,000 pounds, or 12.5 percent, of the 2.63 million tons of electronic waste that was disposed was recovered for recycling. The other 87.5 percent ended up in landfills or incinerators.